Saturday, August 20, 2011

8/20/11 - "Cindy" + Mainsite

2 WODs today, 1 morning and 1 evening. Both use the same primary movers pretty hard in slightly different ways.

WOD 1 - "Cindy"
Perform as many rounds as possible in twenty minutes of:
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

Score - 28 rounds + 5 pullups  5 pushups


Post "Cindy" Saturday


WOD 2 - Mainsite (Modified)
3 rounds for time of:
12 muscle ups
75 squats
[Unfortunately, I wasn't able to complete all the muscle ups, possibly because of "Cindy" in the morning- but who knows. So instead I completed 24 dips and 3 muscle ups per round]

Time - 28:40


Comments: I'll go one at a time here.

Cindy - Wanted to hit 30 rounds, but got 28 + almost half. Was a little upset about that, but then it was pointed out to me that I've gone really hard the last 2 weeks and am running pretty low on recovery time. After I get back to school and start backing off the training a little (a natural form of recovery, necessary every month or so) my load weights and WOD times should both increase. I really hope that's the case, and if so I'm REALLY looking forward to it. "Cindy" floored me, as you can see by the picture above.

Mainsite - Ouch. Could not do muscle ups. So beat from earlier. Super frustrating, but oh well. Doing both these workouts on the same day was not the smartest bit of programming on my part, but I thought I could handle it. Oh well, I know better for next time.

Luckily, only one WOD tomorrow, Mainsite, which is just a strength day. Not very metabolically challenging, almost totally focusing on the ATP-CP system. That I can handle. Looking forward to hitting this hard and maybe setting a PR.

Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment