Thursday, September 8, 2011

9/8/11 - DL + Mainsite

Did 5/3/1 Deadlift and Mainsite today. I had to sub because of the gym I was in, so I'll put what I subbed in parenthesis.


5/3/1
Deadlift:
3x 260
3x 295
9x 330

WOD:
For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box (24" box)
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood (70# dumbbell swing)
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball (20# DB Thrusters)
3 Rope climb ascents (21 Strict pullups)

Time: 17:44

Comments: 5/3/11 - Felt pretty good about that. Was able to get a thin bar this time -- definitely noticed a different. Last time I could barely hold on to the ERC's shitty thick bars for 5 reps at 315#, this time I got 9 @ 330#. Grip was definitely the issue, not back strength. I think I might have had another rep or two in me - realized it afterwards and was super pissed I dropped the bar. Oh well, always next week.

WOD - Ouch. I don't know why, maybe it was Squats from 2 days ago and thrusters from yesterday and deadlifts from directly earlier (I did both workouts in a row) but I felt totally shitty. Also, SPH's thin bars are fucking brutal on grip - can barely get a hold of it. I know, I'm bitching - bars are too thick for lifts and too thin for pullup bars. Whatever. Looking forward to tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment